Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dobby the hamster

Several months ago, my brother was doing gardenign and he thought he had saw a giant worm. It turned out to be a....

Hamster!! I had an empty hamster cage, brought back from Sg (my original 2 hamsters had passed away). So he caught the hamster and put in that cage. Wonder was it the hamster ran away or the owner got tired with it and let it go.
Whatever it is, I was happy to have it. I named it : Dobby, after the character in Harry Potter. It looks big in this pic but Dobby is about 6-7cm long. I have small hands, so it looked really big.

Dobby is really cute because it (I don't know is it a he or she) doesn't really bite, unless you frighten it by suddenly putting your hand to it.

Dobby sleeps in the funniest way. It likes to squeeze between the bars and the running wheel and also it had to bite the bar while it sleeps. haha. My Miko (the chinchilla) also likes to squeeze between 2 walls. Guess all rodents are like that.
I thought it's really sad to keep Dobby in the cage all day long. So I let it out a while, well, just a minute or two.. as I'm afraid I might lose it. Dobby can run quite fast. So here it is, Dobby in the garden.
At first it was hesitant, after a while, it started to run really fast.

Isn't it cute??

Its eyes gave me a feeling that it constantly looking upwards...

I thought I should make a harness and tie on Dobby so that it won't run away and so it can be outdoor for longer... but it proved to be difficult.. hehe.

No comments: