Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finished 10km run~!

I finished the 10km in about 1 hr 45min. So happy and proud that I actually finished the run And finally finished something together with EK (I didn't reach the summit of Mount Kinabalu with EK)

It's slower than my target of 1 hr 30min, it's all because of my "wind" problem (in my stomach). EK could have got a better result but she ran together with me when I slowed down. My stomach always give me problem. It gave me problem when I went Mount Kinabalu as well. Hate it. My stomach was so gassy that it hurt a lot. It hurt so much that I could not really walk up straight. Yeah, "walk", by then I could not run already. It was about 2km to finish line. At one point I even had to sit down for 1 min or 2. I was worried that I might just faint as I was quite in pain.

Luckily I managed to finish the run. It would be such a pity if I had to abort the run at 8km.

We were quite worried that it might rain today. At about 7am we felt a few tiny rain drops actually. Thankfully it didn't actually rain and the weather had been great~ EK took a number of shots, will post here once I got the photos from her.

The run was actually easier than I thought. Though of course... EK and I half walked and half ran. Still, it was an effort. I guess, because it was so tough to even see the first kilometre when we trekked Mount Kinabalu, this run seemed to us a lot easier.

We are going to join the Adidas Sundown run next year~ EK is more ambitious and talking about the 21km run. haha.. but not for me, hehe. 10km is enough for me.

Very happy today~!

No comments: