Sunday, January 11, 2009

My ocean theme bedroom

This is the story of my ocean theme bedroom.

First draw a quarter of a circle on the wall and the ocean.

Created dolphin images with Illustrator, got the advertising company to laser cut out as stickers. I made 2 sets as I'm not sure which size looks better. They cost me S$20+. Actually it could be cheaper, but I wasn't sure if I need to use the "outer" side(of the dolphins) of the stickers so the actual sticker I made was very big.

Then paint the moon with white, 3 layers.

Spray the edge of the moon with white many times, with 5-10min intervals in between. This is a very scary process. I had to be very gentle and patient. If I press too hard on the spray paint, there'll be one extreme white spot on the edge instead of blurry edge. The result wasn't perfect, but acceptable..

Remove the dolphin stickers.

Paint the dolphins with dark blue, 3 layers. It's a slow process as the dolphins edges have white paint on it. I have to draw the edges slowly and steadily. And paint the sea, supposed to paint 3 layers, but I was too tired after I painted the 2nd layer.

And voila~ the hardwork from 10am till 6pm. My window faces the kitchen, not facing outside. The evening sun light does not usually shine into my room, as my window does not face directly to kitchen's window. (Yes, that's my pillow, anything about animals is my favourite)

Tada~~ the final production after added the stars. This photo taken by the camera in mobile phone, so colour a bit off. Can you spot the Orion constellation in it? hehe. It suddenly occured to me that I should arrange the Orion constellation among the stars. I'm such a talent!! hahahaha. just kiddinggggg...

My dearest bro bought this, er.. what do you call? "door curtain"? for me~. It completes my ocean theme bedroom perfectly~!!!! Or rather "dolphin theme" is more accurate? But my bedsheet is ocean with reef fishes, not dolphins. I forgot to take photos of it.

This is, my ocean~

No comments: