Friday, November 25, 2005

Magic Bean

I was given a "Magic Bean" which is selling in a can. It can be bought at many shopping malls. When this bean begins to grow, when it pops out of the soil, we'll be able to see the words engraved on the bean. That was the first time I ever saw this bean. I was surprised to see that the bean was so big, about 3cm long. It looked similar to "taugeh" just that it's the super larger version of taugeh. haha...

I didn't expect it to survive for a long time.

I wasn't at home when the bean popped out. My brother took its photo which showed the words on the bean but I've deleted them ... so I can't show it here.

Nevertheless, I kept taking its photo afterwards, and here is the "journal".



(5/11/05)Its leaves are quite big. It was yellowish at this stage, I thought it's going to die soon. Picture on the right shows the flower buds.


(Left : 12/11/05 night) (right : 13/11/05 noon) The flowers sometimes looked pinkish, sometimes purplish. Maybe the colour difference was due to different stages of maturity. When the flowers bloomed however, it turned white. Check out the 2 little ants on the white petal (photo on the left - remember to click the enlarge button to see it in full size)


This photo was taken under bright sunlit condition. Lots of ants on it, the nectar must be really sweet.


(25/11/05) I returned home about 2 weeks after I took the photos of the flowers, the bean is already this big... amazing.

I shall see what happens next to this bean and post the updates here again.


No comments: