Saturday, November 26, 2005

Night Safari

Went to Night Safari with a friend last Friday. It was quite interesting during this first visit, but will certainly think twice if anyone asks me to go there again.

The ambience was very interesting, felt like I was in Jurassic Park, quite exciting. However, there weren't a lot of animals to see.

I had no idea that visitors are not allowed to use flash to take photos of the animals. I was too excited and at the first 2 exhibits I didn't see the signs... So I snapped and snapped...with flash on.. and I think there were people looking at me.. but I was too excited to care why they were looking at me. Ehm, so... I apologise here.. sorry... It was when I noticed that none of the rest of visitors were using flash... then it made me wondered...


I took these photos with flash... The otters were sooo noisy, in a cute way(to me it's cute). But actually they were fighting...


This is the tram route which we were not supposed to cross. There were water and fog.. I don't know was that man made or was it due to the rain. But it created a kind of eerie and mystical feeling which I thought was marvellous.


I stood there for a photo, as we didn't use flash, it rendered only my silhouette. I kind of like this photo.


These are the better photos that I managed to capture... The leopard and hyena were resting directly under the dim light, that's what made these photos possible with my not-pro-nor-DSLR digital camera.

I had the impression that hyenas are not nocturnal animals. Nocturnal animals are the main attraction of Night Safari. So I flipped through my book, it turned out that I was not entirely correct. Hyenas scavenge during the day and hunt at night.


I like this photo. It makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a rain forest.


Here, it allows me to imagine that I am looking over Lake Tanganyika, which is situated between Tanzania and Zaire, a place I'd love to go if given a chance.

No comments: