Monday, November 28, 2005

Unquenchable thirst

Unbelievable as it is, David Attenborough's book - Life On Air (Memoir of A Broadcaster) was the first English book I managed to finish reading without feeling bored and without giving it up halfway through (I have numerous English books that I never finished reading). Then it was J.K.Rowling's marvellous Harry Potter. I really have to thank these 2 people. For after reading these books, I have developed an unquenchable thirst for vocabs, and improvements. I look up dictionary very frequently nowadays. Well, that's with an electronic dictionary... I have to thank myself for purchasing this e.dictionary.. haha... I can't imagine the time I would have to spend on if I were to look up the words in book type dictionary... A caucasian friend commented that my English has improved a lot ever since I read Harry Potter. I was so delighted upon hearing that. hah... It meant a lot to me.

I still have loads to learn. When I read other people's blog, their "chim" English makes me feel that my English is kindergarten standard... Reading those blogs sometimes make me go "What the heck is he/she trying to say???"... I could understand these blogs no more than legal documents…

Anyway, having a blog like this, will certainly help in improving my English. Hence, doesn’t matter if my English is only kindergarten standard to some people. Hey, I’m learning and improving everyday~ That’s what matters most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erm... First post? Hehehe. Nice blog. Finally remembered to visit it.

devilinme said...

Yes, I notice that your English has improved too.
Good work.