Thursday, February 16, 2006

DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION!!

I haven’t been writing that much. I had been so preoccupied with my hard lense therapy thingy. It’s better to have 8 hours of sleep while wearing the hard lense. So I have to hit the sack at about midnight. Which means I don’t have much time to do things that I would usually be doing after midnight such as writing and reading.

Anyway, I have something to say about Wisma Atria’s toilet.

It’s DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION!! Yes, double discrimination.

First of all, the indications outside the toilet were only “male” and “female”. There was no pictorial indication showing the gender. Ok, I know MOST Singaporeans are very well educated and possibly 99.99% of its population can read. But you got to admit there must be some people out there who cannot read English or cannot read at all, however tiny that population is. And there might be China tourists who can’t read that as well. Even though chances are very very low, but I feel they ought to show some respect to these people. Is it so hard to put a pictorial sign to indicate the gender?? The whole world's toilets have it! Or they simply are saying “If you can’t read, we don’t welcome you.”

And secondly, DISCRIMINATION against short people!! See this :


That mirror is not the usual ones you see. I can only see the top of my head, ok?!! Perhaps I shall see it as a good chance to check if I have got dandruff on my head every time I go to Wisma Atria. If this is USA I shall sue the management for discrimination and cause trauma on me and demand millions of compensation. Even though there’s a full size mirror on the wall but that’s not the point. Because of this mirror, people who are taller would look at me, ok? They DO look at me. Have you any idea how embarrassing that can be?? Or maybe they, again, are simply are saying “If you are short, we don’t welcome you.” What the #$@#%$&*..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We feel you mate but you got to consider if they put it too low, its unhealthy for the tall yah. They have to bend, later hunch lar ... backache lar. The amount of people of average height suing them will be more than those below it. Cheers

Michelle said...

hahaha... well, they can make everybody happy by installing those normal mirror which extends from the washing basin, can't they? cheers.