Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

I came home after class, saw the cat who has taken the lift with me twice. The first time I saw her (actually, I don't know its gender... For the sake of convenience, I just use “her” instead of “it”. I dislike using “it” when describing any animal), she hesitated before going into the lift with me. Possibly not because she's scared of me or the lift, but I felt that she was hesitating whether to continue wandering at the ground floor or go home.

The second time, she was right outside the lift, should be waiting for anyone to give her “a lift” to the upper level where she belongs. She saw me approaching and immediately she went into the lift. So cute.. We exchanged a few meows with each other…

Yesterday, I saw her for the 3rd time, I said hello to her. “Hello” as in “meow…”…. I even talked to her, asking her whether she wants to take the lift. For this, I used human language of course, NOT “meow meow, meow meow meow meow..?” …..

She only came to the lift after some consideration. I asked her which floor she wants to go, of course she couldn’t answer me… even if she answered I wouldn’t have understand..

Anyway, it was Valentine’s Day. Undoubtedly, lots of girls were holding bouquets of roses. When I was attached, I never really celebrate V day. And I think buying roses on V Day is… hmm.. kind of waste money. Unless my boyfriend is loaded, someone who drives a Mazda 8 for eg… mm..... Mazda 8 isn’t THAT expensive actually, so.. someone who drives a Mazda 8 need not be someone who’s really loaded…

Anyway, I digressed.. I was saying, unless my boyfriend is really loaded, (loaded till he doesn’t know how to use the money that kind.. haha..) I wouldn’t want him to buy me roses on V day. A gift is ok but NOT flowers. To me, it’s kind of stupid to buy roses on V day, you help increasing the load in the seller’s pocket. Think this way, your money decreased at least 5 times in value when you use it to buy roses on V day… ... I’d rather use that money to buy something else that would last more than 5 days. But, all I wanted for V day is to be able to be with the person I love. Need not have a celebration, just be with each other, be it at a food court or cook Maggie mee at home, to be able to accompany each other on V day, is sweet enough for me.

Another thing, I saw so many girls who carried a bouquet of roses taking the bus. That’s kind of ridiculous isn’t it? (I don’t know if any of my friends do the same… if so.. ehm, no offence, okay? Just my personal thought. ) Most of the girls (who carried bouquet of roses) I saw were accompanied by their boyfriends. I mean, come on, you spent so much money on the roses, why not spend a little bit more to send her home by taxi?? The bus was so crowded.. wait your roses kena squeezed and squashed and died. Ok, I’m exaggerating.. but.. it’s just sooo… unglamorous holding a bouquet of roses but taking bus. Haha…

Oh, I know I know~! Must be that, the girls prefer to take the bus, because MORE people will see that this girl has got roses on V day~ Yeah, that must be it.. hahaha…

And speaking of bus, nobody gave up their seats for an old couple in the bus yesterday. They were standing at the front half of the bus, I was sitting at the back half of the bus. I felt so guilty not giving up my seat. But that old lady was about 4 rows’ distance from me. You can’t possibly expect me to yell, “AUNTY~ YOU WANT TO TAKE MY SEAT OR NOT~?”……… And if I don’t yell, there’s no way she will know I wanted to give up my seat for her. If I walk towards her, “gualentee” someone will take my seat once I stand up…

What was I to do? I always feel guilty in such situations. My advice to elderly and pregnant women, when there’s no empty seat, please DON’T stand near the entrance in the train or places where there’s no seat, where people are standing, in the bus. They should stand where lots of people are sitting, chances of people giving up their seats for them is much greater this way…

No comments: