Sunday, February 19, 2006

JB Chingay 18/02/06 (1)

JB will have chingay(parade) to celebrate Chinese New Year on every 21st of the first Lunar month. For us JB-ean, CNY doesn't end on the 15th of the first Lunar month but 21st. I grew up in this JB. BUT, I have never seen the chingay once. Every year, my aunt asked me to go, but I didn't want to cos I don't quite like crowds. When I told KR I have never once been to the chingay, she said, "she said, "And you call yourself a JB-ean??” I think that is quite a rightful question. Hahahaha… So this year, I went with KR to this chingay consists of lorries mainly… hahaha…

KR's dad came to fetch me, CK and their friend YinYin together with KR and her mum. This day in JB is the jammed-day. Cars everywhere. Many refused to go to this chingay because it's very difficult to find a place to park your car. KR's dad was superb in this. We weren't early, and KR's dad drove us right next to the chingay street. We only had to walk a little bit.

The first festooned vehicle, well, lorry.. we saw was Snoopy~! Quite nice, eh?




This was 扯铃. I didn't know there are people playing this in JB... haha... Didn't manage to catch the moment they threw up the thing.

CK, YinYin and KR.


One of the 出游Gods .

Me, CK and Yin Yin.

The inevitable dragon.


"Lenglui" distributing.. er.. sweets?

I love uncles dress up like this I mean, dress up in clothes with dragon prints. Looks charming.

Dragon dance performing, I went up ahead a little bit to take a closer shot...
I've focused my camera and I thought surely that'll be a terrific photo... and I managed to shot...
赵大元帅......
*
*
*



Cute didi...



The 大头娃娃. I am kind of scared of this 大头娃娃, just like I'm scared of Ms Piggy (not sure is this is the correct name) in Sesame Street. Kind of horrifying aren't they?? Especially when this 大头娃娃 moves and dances around... Kind of eerie... For those who doesn't know, the person in this costume can't see where they are going...

How can any celebration miss out the line dancers..

A pretty girl on a festooned lorry. The lorry was moving I thought this photo will turn up blur. Thankfully it's quite ok except the refraction on the little girl's eye.

I was too short to get a nice short for this photo. hahaha...

I wonder what caused the refraction on the left... It appears quite a lot in my photos.

This is my favourite, 夜光龙.

夜光龙with flash light on.

夜光龙with flash light off. Nice right?

Shit, I missed out one photo I took when the 夜光龙is about to dance.

This is 夜光龙 in action.



No, the dragon dancers did not fall on the floor.. They had their back on the floor playing the dragon dance, it was superb.

I like the colour in this photo although it's a bit blur.

No comments: