Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back to reality

I'm back from Sipadan... no, I should say, my body is back from Sipadan, my heart was left there. Needs at least 1-2weeks for it to crawl back...

The trip wasn't a great one. Lots of dead corals, actually, should say there're not much corals left. Tioman has a healthier reef than Sipadan... No doubt Sipadan has more pelagic fish. But coral wise, Tioman is better. The viz was about the same with Tioman, this could due to seasons... but still from the video highlights shot by an angmoh, we can see that the coral lives there are in a bad shape and that the viz is about that. Overall the viz was generally around 8m and below... Therefore it didn't give us the "WOW" effect when we dive the dropoff.

We saw hundreds of dolphins, should be spinner dolphins. Such a great feeling. But too bad I wasn't on a same boat with my buddy, couldn't share the fantastic moment with him. And we were not allowed to jump into the sea to swim with the dolphins... such a shame... even though I myself would not dare to jump in.

And Sipadan's turtles are so cute. None of them were frighten by us divers. They'd even swim towards us like we don't exist! I even had to back off during one encounter~! That turtle was eating, I swam closer and closer as it wasn't alarmed at all. It bit off chunks of corals in front of me and swam towards me~!! So cute~!! Another time I was startled when I looked to my right, as a turtle was swimming right beside me~! haha... They never ran away from us, they are just so adorable.

Other than that, nothing much memorable stuff... Will post the photos when I go back to JB.

Even though it's wasn't a great trip, it's still a trip where I can to see the ocean, get to dive the sea... so my heart wasn't willing to come back.. but it'll slowly crawl back...very slowly... ...... .......

No comments: