Thursday, March 30, 2006

Kacang Putih

I really miss kacang-putih which I ate when I was a kid.

Kacang~ putih~~~”.

I can’t really remember which type of kacang (nuts) I liked. That isn’t important. What I really miss is not the kacang itself but the feeling of old times. Something that doesn’t exist anymore. Indian man carrying all those kacang, and walked around selling them. Kacang wrapped in newspapers… unhygienic… but we “survived”.

And also the “tikam” thing. Where you pay er.. can’t remember how many cents, and pick one sticker (out of tens of them) on a cardboard to see if you strike any prize. My friend said it still can be found in ulu-ulu place in Malaysia. But I don’t know where. It would be so “shiok” if I ever get to play the “tikam” thing again... while eating kacang wrapped in newspaper.

No comments: