Sunday, November 26, 2006

Birdies

Hey hey, see this. I've been wanting to catch a glimpse of these birds for a long time. They'll be around every morning, making loud bird calls. Sorry, I don't know what is the correct word for "bird calls". Shouldn't be "chirp", chirp should be a different kind of bird calls. Previously when I rushed in my room to take my binoculars, by the time I rushed out they were gone. It's like that all the time. They can be there for a long time, when you want to take a closer look, they'd fly away. By "close" I mean, a few meters away.

Today, much to my delight they had been very cooperating Perched on the branches on the tree in front of my house for a very longgg time. They were about 4 to 5 meters high on the branches.

You can see their red eyes. These photos were taken by my bro's camera Olympus C-750. Extended to its full 10 times zoom. My hands were shaking bad but the photos came out well. I couldn't have taken these photos with my Sony W5 for it only has 3 times zoom. I always ponder, if i were to go to Africa, which camera should I bring... C-750 has 10times zoom, very useful to take photos of animals at a distance away. However C-750's shutter speed is slower, focusing takes longer than my W5, much longer... W5 is so much faster in its shutter speed. It's important because animals don't just stay there waiting for you to take their picture. Well, unless you are taking photos of a sloth.
And I were to bring both, I'd become clumsy.. with so many stuffs hanging on me. So I guess the best solution is... buy a new camera with 10times zoom and faster shutter speed~! hahaha.. yeah right... wait long long...

They look very much like crows but they are not. I like their calls. There is another kind of bird which will call in the morning too. But it seems those kind of birds are getting lesser, as I don't hear their calls as much as when I was younger. And I have no idea what they look like either. Their calls sound similar to those sound we play before an announcement.

It seemed like this 2 birds are dancing to each other, "courting session in progress", I guess. hehe.. Check out a short video here :

Bird dance

Though I am not a big fan of birds, but it's always interesting to see them, to see any living creatures which we don't usually see. Right?


No comments: