Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sir David - Lifetime Achievement Award

Sir David Attenborough has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award 2006 in UK's National Television Award just a few days ago. I'm very happy for him

I realised I haven't search in Wikipedia to see what they've written about Sir David so I did. According to Wikipedia, he said this in a 2005 interview with BBC Wildlife magazine, he said he considered George W.Bush to be the era's top "environmental villain". Hear, hear!! Absolutely correct!

And I learnt a new word today, "agnostic"-One who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God but does not deny the possibility that God exists. Sir Davis is an agnostic.

I always regard myself as "atheist"-One that disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.
I didn't know there is this word "agnostic". So now I should say I am an agnostic. By the way, agnostic is a noun, it looks like an adjective.

p.s. Did you know that Lord Richard Attenborough (see below), the old scientist in the Jurassic Park, is Sir David's older brother?

No comments: