Thursday, December 14, 2006

All sorts of people

How many people are there on earth? Billions only? and there are billion types of character...

In my Practical Computing class yesterday, we were finishing with learning Powerpoint and starting Microsoft Access. There's this girl , who is ALWAYS 3 times slower than everybody, who had been giving the new lecturer big headache.

Previously, when the lecturer taught the class by showing it step by step, everybody followed, except that girl. STEP.BY.STEP. literaly every mouse click, every.single.click. (thus I have the time to surf net) Yet, the girl sat there with her hands on her side, doing nothing, day dreaming I supposed. But 15minutes later she will tell the lecturer she can't do this, can't do that........ She can't even save a document without help. She is a slow learner, I don't mind that. Everybody should be given chance to learn. But there's something wrong with her. And it's slowing down the whole class. Very annoying.

And yesterday, we were half an hour into Microsoft Access. Then this girl "Teacher! I need some help." (She will interrupt when the lecturer is talking to another student...and she is loud...) So the lecturer walked over. And guess what, she was still doing Powerpoint.............. I was totally speechless................... Of course she can ask lecturer for help, but when the lecturer is teaching something new and she was doing something else...??? Then she expects the lecturer to teach her ALL OVER again when she has done with her Powerpoint??? And the new lecturer answered her question. Yet the lecturer did not ask her to stop doing her Powerpoint and start with Access. She definitely can demand the student to do that. Yet she didn't. That's only gonna bring trouble for herself. Though that student is well, stubborn as a mule. Previously the lecturer asked her to stop doing A and continue with B, together with the rest of the class, that girl said "Never mind, I'll finish this very fast one." Yeah, fast..... RIGHT.....

I am not a person without compassion... but she is really too much loh. She basically lives half an hour slower than the world around her, one of those weirdoes you see in schools. I am sorry, it's not nice to call people weirdo, but she is.

Then there're those people you see when taking lifts. AARRGGHH, damn annoying. The guys, well, should be uncles, who are at the floor below my company, just plain annoying. They would walk into the lift, not bothering to press the button of the floor they want to go, expecting me to press it. Well, I did for the first few incident. But after that, the hell with them. I just act "bochap" and let the lift go past their floor. Why the hell should I press for them?? I am fucking not the lift operator!

And then there was another type. This time was a girl. I 好心asked her "4th floor?" and intended to press for her. She looked at me like I am a dinosaur and press 3rd floor herself. What the hell???? It sure doesn't pay for being nice. So I should regard everybody else in the lift as transparent and don't care where the hell they want to go.

Once at my block there, I met a fat little boy, not very little lah, about 12yrs old I supposed. (I might have mentioned this in my blog before... can't recall.....) He was dammnnn courteous~~ I can't remember exactly what happened but when he stepped out of the lift, he thought we might be confused at the floor we're at and back stepped to remind us, "Jie Jie, this is 5th floor leh~". So nice of him~~~ I was so delighted I almost wanted to hug him! He was sooooo courteous.... I think he's an endangered species..... hahaha....

Whereas the other kid whom I often saw was.. yucks! He'd step in the lift and plainly demand "NINE!". I am going 9th floor as well so I can't pretend I don't hear him and don't press the button... And there was once, this boy stepped out together with me, he was in front of me, and he kept looking back over his shoulder like I will rob him. And he was carrying some kind of bottle in a plastic and he held that thing like it's the last thing he has. I am guessing it was alcohol or something and he didn't want people to see. But he was just 此地无银三百两....... another weirdo....

No comments: