Sunday, December 10, 2006

Gold~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLD~~!!!!!!!!!!

Malaysia's double done it~!!!!! We've got gold again in Asian Game badminton in 36 years!!!!!! THIRTY.SIX. YEARS!!!!!

HAPPYYYY~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the team of Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong was a last minute made up due injury to another player (I don't know which, Chan Chong Ming?). I don't know Koo and Tan either until Asian Game. hehehehe...

Harrrhhh... this reminds me of the good old days... more than 10 years ago.. man.. 10 years ago....... We were so crazy about badminton and there was international tournament held in JB and we went chased after the players like celebrities. (we also ever chased over angmoh junior volleyball players~) Asked for their autographs, take photos with them. Haarrhhh.. precious memory of mine...

I like Cheah Soon Kit and Soh Beng Kiang the most. But I feel the style that Msian players played then was very defensive. Very frustrating to watch when the opponents keep attacking and smashing and all they could do is hope they can return the shuttlecock. In the game just now, Koo KK and Tan BH was , in my opinion, 70% aggresive, 30% defensive, which is good. They did score a lot on their opponents' mistake though. But not forgetting their smashes were also very powerful~

And, about my "precious memory", I remember vividly we went up to Yap Kim Hock and Tan Kim Her almost immediately after their match. There were dripping.. hahaha.. furiously perpiring. I've never seen anyone sweats like that. We asked for their autographs and they were very friendly and signed for us (plus photos with them) And guess what, our autograph books became wet and almost soaked. hahaha.. oh... speaking of this, where did I keep that autograph book? hahaha..

Of all foreign badminton players (I love all Msian players of course), I love Alan Budi Kusuma and his then girlfriend, now wife, Susi Susanti. I've never met Susi Susanti but I heard from other then classmate that she's very friendly. And I love the way she moved, very very elegant, even when she's playing badminton, like she is dancing. I think I once read that she's a ballet dancer as well.

And, can you believe it, I ever passed a note to our national player Rashid Sidek, with the words "I will support you forever~"... HAHAHAHAHAHAH..... I didn't support him forever. His performance had been disappointing since then. hehehehe... I also posted on a forum that I'll support Tony Jaa forever. I've long forgotten him. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...... Celebrities, players, they come and go in our life, like changing clothes. No big deal. hahahahahahahaha......

I should scan those photos if I get the chance... hahaha.. precious memory~~~~

No comments: