Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Malaysia Boleh"...

"Malaysia boleh~ yay yee yay yee yay~ boleh boleh boleh~ Malaysia boleh~"

That's our theme song for Asian Game Doha 2006.

THAT, is the worst song I've ever heard.

Can't they think of other lyrics other than Malaysia boleh? Yeah yeah yeah, Malaysia boleh, boleh do this and that, boleh achieve this and that, but cannot sing something more creative? And the tune... THE TUNE... GAWDDDD.... I think they just "tikam" and pick any of the officers or clerks and threw the task of creating the song on their shoulder. It's not like Malaysia is lack of entertainment industry talents. tsk tsk tsk....

They all sound the same. Patriotic songs, Asian game theme songs, Sukan Malaysia songs, whatever. They all sound the same. Might as well pick one tune, and change only the game title each time in the lyric.

I think if I am one of the representatives of our nation, my spirit will very much be affected when I hear that theme song...... better don't play the song. Such a disgrace.

No comments: