Saturday, January 27, 2007

About these products

I think I never bought the same foundation twice. One because I like to change the products I use, second because it takes a long time for me to finish one... by the time I finished it, it is already an obsolute range.

I bought this Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation the other day. I tested a few, some brands like Maybelline was too dry to my taste. It's matt finish yeah, but too matt it's hard to apply. I personally felt that it tends to dry up before I finish spreading or balancing it out on my face.

This one is more to my taste.


It really is colour stay, man... It said "won't rub off with normal activity" and it was really so... In fact, it felt like painting 油漆 on my face. hahahah... a bit exaggerated maybe. But when I wanted to wash it off my hands, it still didn't come off completely after twice with liquid soap!! And it was still stuck to my stainless steel ring after the third wash! horrible... But it looked ok on my face.

Ever since I "discovered" wrinkles on my face..... I decided to invest a little more on skin care products..... I hope it's not too late........................

My first is to buy a good make up remover. I used an oil make up remover for the first time at my Japanese colleague's house and I thought it's good. It can remove waterproof mascara as well which is very convenient. My colleague's was bought in Japan. So I have to search one here myself. I have an milk cleanser but I think it's not very effective. Thus today I went out with Natasha, we went to look for make up oil cleanser.

We checked out Clarins, Lancome, etc, in the end I bought Clarins. It cost RM92. They all cost about the same. Afterwards we went MAC, cost about the same too. Only Shu Uemura is more expensive, 150ml cost RM99. This Clarins is 200ml.
It's got oil based and water based ones. I chose the oil based and the promoter gave me a sample of the water based cleanser. She wanted to give me a small perfume but I don't quite like that perfume's smell so I asked her to give me this instead. But actually I should ask for both. The promoter said that there's no need to wash face with other facial foam or cleanser after using the water based cleanser. With the oil based, just need to rinse with water.

I tried to remove half my face's make up with the water based cleanser another half with the oil based. Remember my foundation was quite thick... It's harder to clean with the water based one. It does come off but I prefer the oil one, it cleans easier. And after I rinsed my face with water my face felt thoroughly clean... I made the right choice~ soooo happpy... I really like it~ But I believe Lancome or other brands work as good as this.. since it's not a very difficult technology...

By the way, I somehow noticed that my skin has improved recently. I didn't mention about it today but Natasha commented that my skin looks better than before. soooooooo happy... it proves that I wasn't imagining things myself. hahahaha.... I wonder is it because I drink more water now.. or... For the last 3 weeks, my skin peeled off a lot, perhaps due to sun tan. I sort of panic and began diligently applied the Himalayas moisturiser I bought some time ago. It stopped peeling and all of a sudden I noticed my skin looks better now. It can't be that miraculous ba... just 3 weeks using the moisturiser... hmm... I don't know... I should go for sun tan again and use the moisturiser and see if my skin will peel...

Anyway, Natasha and I had something to eat at DeliFrance at 3pm. We window shopped around, and then had coffee at Black Canyon Cafe. I like their coffees but not the food. They've got many choices of coffee but after I spent a lot of time reading the menu, I will still choose their Black Canyon coffee. This happens everytime. hahah... It comes with a small cup of tea, for you to "wash off" the coffee taste in your mouth afterwards... It is also served with some alphabet biscuits. Cute~

It felt so good to eat a little, shop a little, then drink a little.. Felt like a tai-tai. How nice it would be if I can do this everyday.... hahaa.... daydreaming again...

No comments: