Sunday, January 14, 2007

Phuket August '05 - Museum (1)

(written in 2007)
I forgot my hair was ever that long~~ That was my first time. You know why I kept my hair that long? Because the image of the Mermaid is always topless with long hair covering her breasts. And I thought that's so sexy. I miss my brown colour hair. Speaking of which, yesterday I went highlight my hair, money spent, but it looks the same... so disappointed.


All sorts of money, on the wall of a restaurant. I like the Thai "vertical" money, very pretty. And also African money, the one with various animals print.


We went to the Phuket Seashell Museum. We were not keen to go here but boy, was I glad that we did.

This is a collection of the Patamakanthin brothers of over thirty years~ They have fossils dating back 380 million years! According to the brochure, "Shell collectors from around the world have proclaimed this collection to be one of the most extraordinary collections to be found."

This fossil (land turtle) is approximately 30millions years old, found in South Dakota, USA.

This fossil (gastropod) is approximately 35million years old, found in France.

This is about 12million years old.

Large brown piece of limestone with polished orthoceratites & goniatites. Don't ask me what that is, I just copied from the signboard... But this thing is 380 million years old!



Different shells. Too lazy to find the names from the sign which I also took a photo.

tritoss


Notice my hand on the left. I wanted to show in relative, how big are these shells. These are Shrynx Aruanus located commonly from Eastern Indonesia to Northern Australia. (perhaps now it's not that commonly found anymore? looking at the way human destroys everything..)

These shells look like they've been painted artificially but of course they were not.

Another fossil.

Giant clam with me.

These can be found from New Guinea to Fiji (57), Phuket(58), moderately common in California to Ecuador (59), Hawaii (60). But they look about the same, with "dots" on them, I don't like dots... makes me have goosebumps.

All sorts of fossils.




Turban and star shells.



Penshells.


Pretty pretty shells~~~~



These are the skeletons of different sea urchins. I never knew their skeletons can be so colourful~!! Nice~!



These might be the poisonous cone shells, if I'm not mistaken...

Tusk shells, these are very beautiful as well~ There are about 1000 species.

These are actually nice green in colour. Nice~

These look like they have wings.

No comments: