Sunday, January 21, 2007

Asian Civilisation Museum

The other day I went to Asian Civilisation Museum with Gab. I wanted to see the SanXingDui (三星堆) artefacts.

Before we went in the ACM, took some photos



Some angmoh shooting Raffles.

This is the exhibition : Mystery Men.

There are several these screens in the museum. Asking you to register something. The actors/actresses in the screen were kind of "funny". Some were reading, some were humming, some were exercising their necks like this one, waiting to be interact with you (touch screen).
The introduction :


I cannot post photos of the artefacts on the blog, I might be sued. yeah I am 胆小鬼.. But I guess photos from the brochure are alright??

Here's one. Look at its bizarre protruding eyes and big ears, suppose to depict a human? So weird.


And this is the largest artefact measuring at 1.32 metres in width! Some of these bronze artefacts were made in several pieces individually then casted into one. Amazing. And their workmanship were very good, these piece here shown in the photo, has very smooth surfaces. Remember they were made 3200 years ago... Unbelievable.
And the faces of these masks were so different. I feel they look more like aliens than human. How great would it be if I can travel back to their time, and see why they made the masks like these. They are so different and unique. Very worth a trip to see these artefacts!

There were other galleries showing other asian culture things too. The religion stuffs etc. But most interesting of course was the SanXingDui artefacts.

There were also a small exhibition about Singapore River, believe it or not, the rubber duck is also a star of the exhibition!


Me at the entrance.
This was the first time I ever thought of visiting this Asian Civilisation Museum. I never even know its existence until the news told about SanXingDui exhibition coming to Spore. I also never would want to visit this sort of museum had it not been this SXD exhibition. It's worth to see~ by the way, it costs S$8. Cheap~


No comments: