Thursday, January 19, 2006

Boxercise and bad person

I am a bad person.

I love boxercise.

What is the relation between these 2 statements?

Well, you can see all kinds of people in a boxercise class… Most of them, probably including myself, are not very graceful when doing boxercise. I don’t like to look at myself in the surrounding mirror but I like to look at others. It’s actually not a very nice scene to look at, to be honest… Because most of them are doing it in the wrong way, wrong rhythm, funny movement. Funny as in “ugly and funny”. And I don’t like to stand beside guys by the way… Guys ALWAYS overdoing it. They usually concentrate on exerting as much force as they are able to and neglect the beauty of correct movement. Yesterday, the guy beside me moved exactly like a gorilla…I’m sorry, that’s why I say I’m a bad personcritising people… Not that I’m so great myself.. But I’m sure I must have been someone’s “criticizing subject” every now and then as well… So… heck cares. Anyway, that guy was moving exactly like a gorilla thumping its chest to show dominance… (I am so sinful…) I swear he looked exactly like how I had described… I had to suppress my laughter so hard that I almost got internal injury...And when we all rushed to get a cushion at the end of the class, his all sweaty arm brushed against mine!!! EEEEEWWwwwww…………………………… freaking disgusting!!……… Guess that’s the price I paid for thinking that he looked like a gorilla……… ("Here! Gorilla sweat! Sucker!")

And hor… guys’ sweat fly everywhere!! “Sweat bullets” , that is… If they don’t punch the air using their “suck milk strength” (Chinese always say “用尽喝奶的力气”), they won’t produce “sweat bullets”… They’ll still sweat of course but at least the sweat won’t be “shooting” all over the place…!

Oh oh oh, and guys like to “act cool” while doing boxercise. Have you the faintest idea how hilarious that can be??? Before you start “acting cool”…you better make sure your movements are correct. Else, it’s so fugly and hilarious, it hurts my eyes… Some guys punch like they are doing slow motion scene in Matrix or 黄飞鸿 or something. Tak boleh tahan, man…

I have to really refrain myself from going towards them and say, “Please don’t act cool, because you are NOT cool.”… (wait a minute, this line was originated from Dickson, not me.. hahaha… I stole his line..)

Anyway, let’s talk about the real cool man, the instructor, Keith
I hope he reads this blog someday. Haha… He is really cool… He is not very handsome, not very tall, but he’s, in Japanese we say “kakoi”, which means something like stylish. If those “act cool” guys can do the movements as good as he does, then, feel free to continue acting cool. I would have no objection. If not, please spare us from the eye-soring scene… And I want to say it again, Keith, is just super cool

Thankfully, there are at least some “chiobu” in the class. There’s this girl, her movement is so eye-soothing to look at, extremely energetic yet graceful, almost like dancing. She doesn’t have an inch of fat on her. She is my motivation. Hahaha… If she’s in the class, my eyes are always on her. I like her concentration, and she always have this very-determined-kind-of expression on her face. You’ll be amazed of how the same set of movement looks so different on different people.. If all, well, “all” is a bit too optimistic, if 50% of the students move like she does, I think Keith will find it 10X more enjoyable teaching the class…

No comments: