Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fireworks

It’s now the year of dog~~! And I wish I can have a dog~! Of course it’s not because this is the year of dog. I’ve always love dogs, and other animals as well. But my mum wouldn’t allow us to have another after our first, Pelly. By the way, my Pelly, he was such a handsome dog.

Anyway, there weren’t many 红炮 this year leh. I still remember years back, the sound from these fire crackers could last for as long as 2 hours… Imagine that. I’m ok with红炮 but I HATE the one which emits one single VERY loud sound. I don’t what’s the name. My neighbour kept playing (or burning?) it.. You’d get a shock every few minutes, imagine that again.

As I was saying, there weren’t many红炮 this year, but more of fireworks. Everywhere we look, we could see the fireworks. Last year my brother and I tried to capture it by the now obsolete Olympus C-750 (Even though we bought this C-750, in what.. ONLY about 2 years back?). Its focusing was quite slow, but of course, every new camera produced is better than their “ancestors”. So can’t be compared to the new models now.

This year, I tried to capture the fireworks by my Sony-W5. Its focusing is much much faster. I was hoping I will be able to take a decent photo, can’t say “good photo” because I’m shooting without tripod.

The fireworks started as early as 9pm. I ran outside to take the photo.

There were fireworks at all directions.. These are some distance away from my house.

I thought this picture on the left sort of looks like some nebula in the universe. (Remember to click the icon in IE to enlarge the photo to its original size)





Are you wondering what the orange light was? It’s the streetlight. The other side was blocked by a tree, and I couldn’t get a good angle. By the time I found a spot where I won’t shoot the streetlight, the fireworks would be gone. I never knew where to stand because there were fireworks everywhere.

Thanks to my neighbour whom I hated because they kept igniting the terribly annoying firecrackers, I got these photos:



These, of course, were badly taken but I’m happy enough Excellent fireworks photos are usually taken by terrific cameras like SLR and mounted on a tripod.
I was at the back of my house when we saw these fireworks flying up to the sky from our neighbour’s house. And I sprinted towards the front. It was right above our heads. I shouldn’t have ran, come to think of it now. What if I fall?? It doesn’t matter if I got injured or what…but what if my camera drops?? What if it spoils?? I shouldn’t have risk that for the firework photos. Haha… But luckily nothing bad happened to my Sony..


And the last one.

No comments: