Monday, January 09, 2006

Paranoid...

I like to read books by 倪匡, the 卫斯理小说. Now, as I mentioned, I am reading Angels & Demons. 倪匡 and Dan Brown’s stories are pretty much alike. Only that 倪匡's stories were written since the 60s…倪匡 is really a pioneer in science fiction. It happens that a lot of movie plots nowadays are very similar to his stories, which were written decades ago… He is really something, you have to read the book to understand how imaginative, how unusual this man’s mind works. Those gadgets he had imagined decades ago have all come true in our society now…

I enjoy this kind of stories very much. However, I have a problem. Most of the stories are very mystical. Although they're not ghost stories, there should be nothing to be feared about after reading them… but…the mystic feeling it creates.. makes me paranoid. It’s worse than how I’d react after watching ghost movies…

Everything around me seems to come alive or some sort… Yesterday I was still reading Angels & Demons at 2am. A motorcycle downstairs (I stayed on the 8th floor) revved its engine and it gave me a real fright… The radio was turned on, I don’t be in my room with complete silence (except during sleep). Either the TV or radio must be turned on. It’s past 2am, there were only songs from the radio, no DJ talking. It felt eerie. When I decided to turn in… I was in a very paranoid state… hahaha… normally the DJ’s voice will calm me down… but there was no DJ already… So I had to turn on the TV and see some human face on TV for a moment before I turn off the light and sleep… Funny right??? I couldn’t help it…

It’s really silly.. if you’ve read Angels & Demons you’ll agree more that I was acting very very silly… The book contains no demon, no ghost, nothing imaginary… So as 倪匡’s book (although his books have aliens…) but I don’t know...to me their books are scarier than ghost story… hahaha…

It's been like this ever since I started reading 卫斯理小说 since Primary 4 or 5... I've read the same book dozens of time. Yet every time I read it again, I still feel the fear and paranoia... Anybody happens to be the same like me...? Anyone??

No comments: