Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Weight issue

The other day I was strolling around the neighbourhood shops with Gabriel. I saw the weighing machine and like any other girls, we are all obsessed with how much we weigh. So I wanted to weigh myself. Guys will comment that, that’s such waste of money. But what the heck, I want to know my weight.

It was those big big machines which will print your weight and a little bit of “fortune telling” or “character reading” on a small piece of card. I put in a 20cents coin.

“Grr grr grrrrr.”

........................................

Nothing… … ...
Nothing came out! The god damn machine ate my money! It ate my 20cents!

I got very agitated cos these machines always “eat” my money! I “slapped” the freaking machine. I wasn’t satisfied. Then I kicked the machine. I kicked very hard. And guess what..

“Grr.”

The card came out.

…………………………

Must use force one is it?

It printed : 42kg.

What??! I’ve gained 2kg??? I don't buy it… I don't buy it! I don’t feel like 2kg heavier?! I feel 2kg lighter! after all those work out in gym………………

I didn’t buy it. So when we came across another weighing machine, not the same type, I weighed myself again.

I inserted a 20cents coin again.

“Grr grr grrrrr.”

…… 1 second… 2 second…

“Grr.”

The bloody machine kept me waited for 2 seconds before coughing out the card. I was about to kick it already.

42kg.

………………

No choice. I gotta admit that’s really how much I weigh now…

Gabriel said after so much exercise, I should have burnt fat and gained some muscles. And muscles are heavier than fat. So it doesn’t matter what the number on the card is, as long as we feel that we look better than before.

Well, I suppose he’s right. Better to think he’s right, eh? if you know what I mean… Hahaha…

Speaking of exercise, there was a man in the gym, a very fat man, er.. I don’t know what word to use, “strolling”… perhaps? He was “strolling” on the threadmill… No, it was slower than strolling… literally “dragging” his feet on the threadmill… I tried to simulate his speed, and I swear to God it’s just speed 1… which is really slower than strolling. Why on earth did he come to gym for? To “walk” slower than how he usually would? What kind of workout is that?

Normally we would say, as long as you take the initiative to go to the gym and do any workout, it’s better than nothing. But it doesn’t seem to apply here… It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to go to the gym and drag your feet on threadmill on a speed slower than anyone’s strolling speed.. What was he thinking??

P.S. It suddenly makes me think, we always say, “What on earth is he doing?”, “What the hell is he doing?”, or “What in heaven’s name is he doing?”.. Earth, hell, heaven, we used it all, don’t we.... I think maybe it’s better or more emphasizing to say, “What on earth and hell in heaven’s name is he doing?” .........

………… crap…

No comments: