Thursday, January 05, 2006

The impatient us

YY and I waited for taxi at Suntec City after a dinner with Natasha and her friendly boyfriend, Alan.

There were so many cabs… but all of them were on-call. Those NOT on-call just circled there and didn’t want to pick up passengers in the queue. They rather wait for their turn to get a passenger who calls in. It was so.. frustrating.

The q was so long.. until we’re finally at the third place, we waited for another half an hour before we actually get on a cab. Dozens of on-call cabs had come and go in that half an hour’s time. We would have long reached our homes had we chose to take the train. That’s why I dislike taking cabs. I would avoid taking cabs if possible…

YY got agitated because of the long wait. Strange… usually I am always the one who gets agitated because the thing I hate most in the world is “to wait”. But when the other person with me got agitated, I, however, became calmer…I guess we can’t both get agitated otherwise we’ll only get angrier and the volcano in us would explode… Yeah, possibly that.

Hmm… that makes me wonder, how come I can’t always be that calm? I’m always the one who’s complaining things are going too slow, this and that. I’d get so annoyed on the street when people in front of me are walking in a slow pace and that they are blocking my way. I’d always walk at one side of the road when I’m walking slowly, why can’t other people do the same?? I hate people blocking my way even for 1 second. Seriously, I mean even 1 second… That’s not good I know, but I can’t help it.

p.s. I noticed the Guardian’s pharmacist at City Hall station, very handsome~ Not my type of muscular-manly-handsome but handsome Girls, if you pass by just go take a look. Hahahaha…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! welcome to the world of Civilization, Famous Hong Kong author Ni Kuan said: its very difficult to make people queue. In the queue system, there is no favouritism,Its fair, 1st come 1st serve. people who are willing to queue are selfless and discipline. Its a sign of highly civilization social behaviour. unfortunately, some of the uncivilize people always like to comment on the queue in Singapore. they laugh at the queue and said Singaporean like to queue and that is a queue city. a queue city = highly civilization city.