Monday, January 09, 2006

Engrossed in the world of books

I was reading Angels & Demons, one of the current famous books by Dan Brown.

Don't worry, no spoiler here...
The beginning plot is utterly similar with Da Vinci's Code, with a famous man murdered, both died in nude. And both were killed by a man who never met his "employer". Employer is not a very suitable word in this case.. but I can't think of a better word for "主谋".. "instigator"? I don't know. Tell me if you do.

Only till a quarter into the story was I felt captivated by it. I was half way of the book yesterday night. I didn't think I can finish it last night and it's tormenting... I am dying to know the ending...

I was glad that Harry Potter 6 was released at midnight, UK, which was 7am our time. So we didn't have to sacrifice our sleep to read the book immediately after we collected it. (Though I read it till 3am in the morning...) I was also glad that it was a Saturday. So we got to read the book for the whole day and finished it at one go.

It's good to read. But when I am so engrossed in the book, I will abandon every other thing that I was supposed to be doing... I so hope that the only responsibility I'm left with was just to read and finish the book I'm so immersed in... How nice would that be, huh...

No comments: