Wednesday, January 04, 2006

分离忧郁症my ass

Was watching the news, talking about Primary 1 students going to school for the very first day.

Most definitely, kids would cry upon seeing their parents leaving, on the first few days of their school life. AND.. they HAD to give it a name, "……可能患了分离忧郁症"......

My God, what a crap!

Why do they have to give a dedicated term to such a trivial thing??? There are so many “…并发症”, “…综合症”, “…syndrome”… blahblahblah in the world now. It’s kind of irritating. It seems like every one of us has at least some syndrome or 综合症 or whatever.

Kids cry, so what? They’ll be ok. It’s something which ALL of us have to go through in life. Going to school may be exciting for some, terrifying for some, the point is, they WILL survive. Why make such a big fuss out of it??? 分离忧郁症 my ass…

I could not believe such a trivial matter took up so much time space in the prime time news. I always feel that one will become such a frog in the well if you watch ONLY Channel 8 News. They report every single teeny weeny thing that happened in Singaporeans’ lives, it’s way too many.

Parents nowadays make fuss over very little thing that happened to their kids. You don’t see our parents do that. It’s such a bad trend. Kids become more vulnerable. Adults brought up this way would crack for a very little failure or pressure.

Anyway, enough grumbling.

I am thinking the person who gave the term “分离忧郁症” must be very bored like me.

If I got impatient in a queue, can I call it “queue-for-too-long-anxiety-syndrome”?

If I was annoyed by some customer service officer, can I call it “inefficiency-induced-annoyed-syndrome”?

Crap indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, U should ask your good friend Soch Teng: is the cry for hunger of her new born baby more important? or the bombing of Bali more important?. Any way chnl 8 is mean for Singaporean. Those who do not intent to be 'Frog in the well' please watch CNA or CNN news.

Michelle said...

Well, seems like you too have agreed on my point there. That's exactly what I meant. One cannot just watch Ch8 news n be contented.

p.s. to my good friend ST, of course the baby is more important, but does that mean she doesn't have to know about what's going on in other part of the world? hmm...

Anonymous said...

Well, anything that causes us discomfort is a syndrome. I believe in a more enlightened term i.e. PRICE TO PAY FOR BEING ALIVE. 80 years later ... looking back, you will reap the price u pay now by laughing it off. Cheers